Ship tour 13,3 km
Ship tour approx. 1:45 hours.
- almost stagnant water
- nature reserve
- paddler with the desire of nature
A day on the Wakenitz, the “Amazon of the North”
This combined tour starts on the outskirts of Lübeck and leads you with muscle power by canoe on the Wakenitz to Lake of Ratzeburg (14.5 km). For this route you must plan about 5 hours including breaks.
After the active part, where you can experience the nature directly, it goes back comfortably and without further effort with the passenger ship back to Lübeck. Duration approx. 1 ¾ hours. That way, you can enjoy the trip once again in fast motion.
On the Wakenitz you leave Lübeck by canoe in the direction to the lake of Ratzeburg. The river has been dammed up for centuries, so lake-like extensions have formed, which are covered with thatch and water lily fields. Since 1999 this area is in nature conservation. By the way, it is the shortest river in Germany! The low current allows driving in both directions. Because of the north-westerly winds and for logistical reasons, we drive the Wakenitz mainly to the south.
There are some berthing facilities on the way and a small meadow for camping at the destination in Rothenhusen. The pier of the shipping company is near the canoe exit point.
|Adults or adolescents (from 15 years)||39,00 €|
|Children (up to 14 years)||16,00 €|
- 1 seat in the Canadian canoe
- Canoe equipment: paddle, life jacket, 1 baggage (per boat)
- Transport cost
- Tour description
- Ship ticket
- Minimum 2 participants
- Child discount only for 2 full-paying participants per boat!
- Departure: Lübeck/Falkenstraße, parking space (opposite of Nr. 56)
- Arrival: Moltkebrücke, approx. 1,3 km walk to Falkenstraße
- Daily from 01.05. to 03.10., except Mondays and Fridays
- Delivery of the canoes Tuesdays to Fridays at 9 am
- Return time: Tuesdays to Fridays at 15:55 pm
Tours for all
Gropus & companies
Family & Kids
School & youth groups